1. It provides substantial support to your backbone
The first thing about a support pillow is that it is immensely flexible, so it can easily adapt to the shape of your body. This is especially useful if you suffer from a distorted spine.
This is also mighty effective when you use it as a back cushion or a chair back support, to bolster either your neck or your spine. Just slip one behind your back, and you will instantly feel a positive impact.
2. It relaxes your tired muscles
Today, most people have desk jobs, or other forms of “sitting” jobs. This increases our tendency to slouch, which in turn increases the load on our back. In course of time, this can manifest as muscle fatigue as our back muscles quickly wear out.
A back support pillow is exclusively designed to straighten our posture, taking off the excess load from the back muscles. This enables them to relax and heal, quickly and painlessly.
3. It provides quick relief from pain
When (back) muscle fatigue remains untreated over time, it will transform into shooting pain – the kind that makes you howl and ruins your entire day!
This can even lead to chronic back pain, spinal disorders, and so on. Fortunately, there is an easy fix for this.
If you suffer from frequent neck or back pain, we urge you try out a back pillow for lower back pain for quick relief. But of course, it comes with the added bonus of being an uncomplicated and affordable form of treatment, so you can use it all the time.
4. It is recommended by physicians
The medical community frequently recommends lumbar support pillows for back patients, as they are approved by the FDA. The high quality standards make it undeniably safe to use, regardless of the state of your health.
5. It is designed to be portable
You can use a support pillow at work, as lumbar support for office chair. You can also use it as lumbar support for car drives. No matter where you are, its small size makes it versatile and easy to carry on the go.
This comes in perfectly handy if you are an avid traveler, or enjoy short yet fun trips during your weekends. In fact, you could even say that a lumbar support pillow unconditionally supports you, physically and metaphorically, to fulfill both personal and professional dreams!
6. It is cost-effective
With our spine, it is all about posture. When we constantly hunch or slouch, we create unnecessary pain and health complications.
In fact, a significant amount of people seeking physical therapy are driven by some form of health disorder due to incorrect posture.
Lumbar support pillows are surprisingly affordable. With this, you can literally “carry” an effective back-treatment wherever you go, and use it as often as you want without feeling stressed about the price.
It also helps that they can be easily purchased from your local bedding store. You can even have an office chair back support delivered right to your doorstep (or your work place), when you purchase a back pillow online. Yes, convenience is indeed a recurring factor with lumbar support.
7. It is undeniably effective and versatile, especially when you sleep
As you can see, a lumbar support pillow can literally support your entire backbone, from your neck to your spine, all through the day. You can seamlessly use it any time you are sitting, at work, in your kitchen, or even in front of your TV.
You can also use it consistently during travel, regardless of whether you are seated on a car, a train or even a plane. It is especially effective and beneficial when you are sleeping on your bed.
In all these situations, your lumbar pillow not only supports your backbone, it also steadily straightens and strengthens your spine. With this, you can expect tremendous relief from back pain and other posture related disorders.
Here are a few ingenious ways in which you can make use of your favorite back pillow during sleep:
a. When sleeping on your side
Do you know that doctors recommend sleeping on our side, in order to enjoy an undisturbed and restful sleep. Here, you may think that this position takes away from the support provided by a lumbar pillow. This is not true. You can still use it as follows:
- Sleep on your side. Either side is okay as long as the entire body – from your shoulder to your feet – is in contact with the mattress.
- Gently nudge the back pillow between your knees. This is especially useful to relieve lower back pain.
- If your waist does not touch the mattress, then use the back support pillow to fill the gap.
- If you sleep only on one side all the time, you may inadvertently cause muscle imbalance. Fortunately, the lumbar pillow makes it easily enjoyable to sleep on either side so you can quickly turn over without disturbing your sleep.
Experiment with this favored posture for a few days, and see how you feel. This is especially helpful to keep your sides – spine, hips and pelvis – in perfect alignment.
b. When sleeping in the fetal position
The fetal position is often our go-to posture, when we feel excessively tired or stressed. In fact, it may even be recommended by physical therapists for those suffering from a slipped disk or other serious back injuries. In this posture, you can use a lumbar support as follows:
- Begin by lying down on your back, and then gently turn over to your side.
- Slowly bring your knees closer to your chest. When you find a comfortable position, try to nudge your upper back towards your knees, your entire body is turned into the child-like position.
- Again, refrain from using only one side at all times. You can use the lumbar pillow between your knees, and change sides frequently so you maintain balance.
Experiment with this child-like posture for a few days, and see how you feel. This position provides gentle support to your vertebrae, which helps offset any previous damage.
c. When sleeping on your stomach
Have you noticed how children love this posture, and thus enjoy deep, restful sleep? As an adult, this is generally not advised as it increases the load on your stomach. Fortunately, you can sleep deeply like a child in this posture with a lumbar pillow for support:
- Lay on your back and gently turn over on your stomach.
- Bring the back pillow below your lower abdomen, close to your pelvis. This will offset the extra load on your back.
- In this position, you can even choose to forego using a pillow for your neck, for extra comfort.
Experiment with this unique posture for a few days, and see how you feel. This position is highly recommended for those suffering from a degenerative disc disorder, as it significantly reduces the load on your spine.
d. When sleeping on your back
If you are the kind who simply sleeps on your back, here is how the lumbar pillow can be used to suit you:
- Lie down on your back as you normally would.
- Bring the lumbar pillow below your knees until you find a comfortable position. This will help maintain the curvature of your spine, especially in the lower area.
- If you feel the need for additional support for extra comfort, you can use a small, rolled towel to support your back.
Experiment with this common posture for a few days, and see how you feel. This position optimizes the distribution of your weight along your spine, so the wider areas bear the most of the load. This way, your back is not unduly pressured at any point.
e. When sleeping on a recliner
Many of us tend to enjoy the best sleep when we doze off on a recliner. Sleeping on a chair is generally not recommended. But did you know that this is in fact the best sleeping position if you suffer from isthmic spondylolisthesis?
If you suffer from this disorder, it is worthwhile turning to a bed with an adjustable backrest. This way, you can align it just like your prized recliner. But of course, do not forget to use the lumbar pillow for lower back pain, so you enjoy deep, painless sleep.
Experiment with this posture for a few days, and see how you feel. In this disorder, one portion of your vertebrae has slipped over another portion, causing immense pain.
This posture will help create a comfortable alignment between your back and thighs, so there is less pressure on your spine.
The human body is a complex, evolved machine. This is especially true of our backbone, which has a profound impact on our lives. In fact, you will be delighted to know that when your backbone is strong and straight, you effortlessly enjoy a higher quality of life.
For this reason, medical practitioners often recommend using lumbar support, in order to keep our spine firm and upright at all times.
Fortunately, this is an immensely accessible and affordable piece. Regardless of the state of your fitness, invest in a lumbar pillow to improve your posture, relieve back pain, and improve your overall health quickly and effortlessly.
Buy the Best Lumbar Pillow Online Now!
To get started on your rewarding tryst with the healthy and versatile back support pillow, you can explore some of the most attractive online offers here.