If you are willing to invest in a more long-lasting, higher quality seat cushion, you should choose something that uses higher-density memory foam. This type of memory foam provides superior support to your spine and is useful for those carrying more weight.
2. Cushion Style
Tailbone-relief chair cushions come in two main styles, with each style providing a different kind of support according to your pressure points, weight, and body shape.
A donut pillow for tailbone pain is a popular type of seat cushion. As the name suggests, it resembles a donut. It is perfect for relieving pain and taking the pressure off of your tailbone when you are sitting for long periods of time.
The second type of coccyx cushion is the wedge cushion, which is ideal for frequent travelers. If you are on the road a lot and seated on long flights or drives, wedge cushions are great for alleviating pain while on the go.
Depending on your lifestyle, preferences, and how you plan on using it, choose a seat cushion which caters best to your needs.
3. Cushion Thickness
It should come as no surprise that thicker orthopedic seat cushions tend to be cozier and more comfortable.
However, this doesn’t mean that you simply need to buy the thickest cushion you can get your hands on. Too much cushioning can make sitting really awkward and take away support, while too little cushioning can cause discomfort. It’s important to find that sweet balance of thickness and firmness that works best for you.
4. Test the Cushion
Have you ever bought a car without test driving it first? Same goes for a seat cushion for tailbone pain. Here’s how to easily test out a coccyx seat cushion:
- Do the obvious—sit on it! Check how comfortable it feels.
- Remain seated on the cushion for 10 to 15 minutes. Does it still feel comfortable and supportive?
- Assess whether there is increased or decreased pressure in your problem areas.
- If you’ve bought the desk chair cushion online, you can still test it at home. Just don’t remove the plastic cover it came in.
- If it doesn’t feel comfortable, simply return it and try a different one out.
- Also keep in mind that people develop various health-related changes over time, and this affects how much support they need. These changes include:
- Fluctuations in your weight
- Pain and aches in your neck, back, bones, joints, nerves, and other body parts
- Allergies and other issues
Maybe you bought a seat cushion years ago and it simply doesn’t provide the same comfort anymore. If that’s the case, you may need to buy a new type of coccyx cushion.
5. Seat Cushion Care Instructions
Before buying a seat cushion, make sure you carefully read its care instructions. Most coccyx cushions are hand-washed only, while some can only be dry-cleaned. If you keep the pillow covered in a pillow protector and wash it two to three times a year, it will last for years to come.
When it comes to buying the right orthopedic seat cushion, it is recommended that you invest in a high quality one. Underestimating the impact of sciatica pain or tailbone pain can lead to even bigger health problems over time. Choose a quality seat cushion that provides the best lumbar and back support for you.
Buy Bestselling Orthopedic Coccyx Seat Cushion Online
“Everyone who sits on a chair should own this amazing pillow. No more pain since using it! Order one today if you love and cherish a pain-free life.” – A Satisfied Amazon Customer.
This coccyx seat cushion by Xtreme Comforts has garnered rave reviews from thousands of people across the country.
Whether you are looking to reduce your back pain or promote a healthy posture, this deluxe memory foam seat cushion is perfect for you. Buy it today and say goodbye to your neck and back pain forever.